FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY
REPORT TO THE
Accomplishments of the
1. The Friends of the Library held our annual
book sale at the Community Center
Friends of the Library sponsored a Cardboard Boat Race
3. The Friends assisted with the Summer Reading Program in July by providing pizza for the participants.
Friends joined the Quality of Life Team as an Action Partner of the
5. Four memorial books were donated to the library in 2008 by the Friends.
Friends manned a booth at Ole Time Saturday in October to promote the Library
and to promote reading to children. This
was our third year to have an Old Time Story Time Booth at Old Time Saturday. Individuals from diverse backgrounds
participated by reading stories to children and by giving out donated pencils,
bookmarks, etc. This year we also
provided information to the public about our efforts to encourage
Friends of the Library Board has kept the City informed about our Friends of the
Library Quarterly Meetings. We have been
focused this past year on promoting to the community and the City Council the
need for a new library building in
Friends have established a Building Finance Committee to oversee fund-raising
activities and are working closely with Tom Taylor of
9. The Friends have developed a Friends of the Library web page at jcfol.com.
10. During 2008, several individuals have contributed volunteer service to the library.
David N. Goff, President